Plant: Honey Brook, PA
Shift: Day Shift
General Job Description
R-V Industries, Inc is a design and build manufacturer of custom industrial process equipment. We engineer to order, as well as build to print, a wide variety of specialty equipment. Most of our equipment is built in house by our own in-house fabricators, machinists, mechanical and electrical assemblers.
The Mechanical Designer is responsible for the review of job specifications, design required components and assemblies based on new and past designs. Some of this work is under the direction of a senior designer or engineer.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Participate in the PO and specification review and assist in the development of all pertinent technical documentation required to build, assemble, and test the equipment. This includes drawings, component specifications, bills of materials, and procedures.
- Assist Sales, Project Managers, Purchasing, Quality, Manufacturing, Testing, and Installation with all issues related to the contract.
- Review project specifications, digest those specifications for manufacturing use, and create Bills of Materials with all pertinent technical requirements defined for purchasing.
- Ownership of all documentation created related to the technical aspects of a project.
Skills / Qualifications
- 2 years’ experience in mechanical design desired but not required
- 5+ years of experience with Autocad and Solidworks or Inventor
- AWS Welding Symbol understanding
- Geometric Tolerancing understanding
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Basic Technical Writing Skills
- Basic Sizing of Components
- Create manufacturable 3D models and detailed drawings
- Check detailed drawings
- Review project customer specifications
- Create Bills of Materials for purchasing and production
- Strong Communication and Organizational skills
- Basic Project Management Experience
Education / Physical Requirements
- Associates Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation
R-V Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer