General Job Description
This position is responsible for assembling and disassembling mechanical parts, pieces, and products using a variety of tools and equipment according to required specifications.
- Read and interpret blueprints or sketches, and perform layout work.
- Uses necessary tools and equipment to perform construction, assemble, disassemble, repair, rebuild or recondition work as assigned.
- Clean, degrease, sandblast, prime, paint, condition, straighten, flatten and hand fit parts as needed.
- Use and maintain precision measuring tools.
- Perform all material handling duties required, use cranes or material handling equipment as needed.
- Adjust, lubricate, and perform minor maintenance on equipment used and maintain cleanliness of tools, equipment and working areas.
- Operate power saws, rill grinders, portable hydraulic jacks, vertical and horizontal presses, sandblast and painting equipment, as relating to work assigned.
- Rework and/or repair assembled equipment and products according to engineering specification changes
- Perform all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- 2+ years mechanical assembly experience
- Experience with overhead crane
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions
- Ability to read blueprints and a tape measure
- Problem solver using thinking, reasoning, and creativity
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated
- High School Degree or GED
- Specific technical or vocational training is a plus
- Everyday lifting 25 to 50 lbs
- Perform repetitive tasks every day
- Regularly possess manual dexterity to put parts or pieces together quickly and accurately
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Every day repetitive wrist, hand, or finger movement, involving gripping and wrist torquing
- Every day standing, walking, bending, crouching, and stooping
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation
- Must be able to pass a physical assessment
R-V Industries, Inc is an equal opportunity employer