Senior Mechanical Designer
Plant: Honey Brook, PA
General Job Description
R-V Industries is a design and build manufacturer of custom industrial process equipment. We engineer to order, as well as build to print, a wide variety of specialty equipment. Most of our equipment is built in house by our own in-house fabricators, machinists, mechanical and electrical assemblers.
- Participate in the PO and specification review and assist in the development of all pertinent technical documentation required to build assemble and test the equipment. This includes drawings, component specifications, bills of materials and procedures.
- Assist Sales, Project Managers, Purchasing, Quality, Manufacturing, Testing and Installation with all issues related to the contract.
- Communicate with our customer’s technical personnel in all matters related to design along with any other pertinent technical requirements.
- Review project specifications, digest those specifications for manufacturing use, and create Bills of Materials with all pertinent technical requirements defined for purchasing.
- Ownership of all documentation related to the technical aspects of a project.
- Execute project from a budget and schedule standpoint as it relates to design activities.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in mechanical design
- 5+ years of experience Solidworks or Inventor and Autocad
- AWS Welding Symbol understanding
- Geometric Tolerancing
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Basic Technical Writing Skills
- Basic Sizing of Components
- Create layouts, design concepts & detailed manufacturing drawings
- Check detailed drawings
- Review project customer specifications
- Write specs for buyout components
- Create Bills of Materials for purchasing and production
- Strong Communication & Organizational skills
- Experience with managing the technical information and design standards related to a product line (desired, not required)
- Basic Project Management experience
- Experience with installation supervision and commissioning of mechanical equipment
- Education/Physical Requirements
- Associates Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation
R-V Industries, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer