Plant: Honey Brook, PA and Morgantown, PA
Shift: Night (4PM – 2AM)
General Job Description
The Production Supervisor position has been created to provide point leadership to the operations of a production department or departments. This includes the organization, supervision, resource allocation, skill development, and performance evaluation of all employees assigned.
Experience with fabrication, welding, heavy industrial and prefabrication machines, and management experience is necessary for this position.
- Schedule execution
- Oversight of employees with regard to performance, safety and quality
- Resource requisition and allocation
- New employee orientation
- Skill training and development
- Performance evaluation of production personnel
- Oversight of shop floor organization
- Create and maintain a work environment that supports R-V core values
- First line conflict resolution and policy compliance
- Share KPI’s with production team and drive KPI improvement
- Timely documentation and reporting of incidents needing management follow up
The following list is a sample of performance objectives. A comprehensive list which will include priority and timing will be determined jointly.
- Engage in training and self development to close gaps in supervisory skills
- Evaluate production personnel and determine gaps in competency
- Coordinate training for those production personnel with competency gaps
- Performance evaluation of plant personnel
- Support lead time compression efforts using lean principles to eliminate waste
- Improve consistency of adherence to core production procedures
- Support shop floor organization efforts to eliminate waste
- Support culture of discipline, accountability, and continuous improvement focused on KPI’s
- Support R-V core values, vision, mission, and strategic objectives
The Production Supervisor will be measured using the department(s) KPI’s for attendance, safety, incidents, NCR’s, charge hours, estimate to actual hours, and a 360° review that will cover work area organization and supervisory effectiveness. The Production Supervisor will report directly to the Plant Manager.
- Performance review (2x) per year. Wage increase potential for those who demonstrate mastery of responsibilities and visible impact of change within team
- Personal leadership development through training – communication, substance abuse, leadership, finance, conflict resolution
- Authority to make decisions and lead change
- Special leader bonus program
- Meetings with Executive Management Team to discuss priorities and change implementation
R-V Industries, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.